Trouble Shooting and Best practices to joining the virtual conference platform
- Ensure your internet browser is updated to its latest version (Google Chrome is recommended).
- If experiencing issues during the log-in step, please make sure that AdBlock is disabled in your browser.
- If experiencing sound or video issues, try using a different network to connect to the event (some corporate networks and firewalls may block video or audio connections).
- Using a VPN may impact the ability to connect; disabling VPN is highly recommended.
- Ensure that your sound output is set to the correct channel. You should be able to select the correct device from the dropdown at the bottom of the video player.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to join the event from a tablet or phone? To join the event from a mobile device or tablet, you will need to download the mobile app. Virtual Experience is not designed for mobile and tablet screens.
- How do I start a group chat? In the app, open the Event menu and select the envelope icon in the top right corner of the menu. To start a new chat, users should select the “plus” sign in the top right-hand corner. Then, in the pop-up that appears at the bottom, you should click the “create group chat” option. From here, users can select who they want to include in the Group Chat and select “create” to launch the chat. Only active users can be added to group chats and messaged directly.
- I cannot bypass the event code screen, the webpage reloads and asks for the event code again. What should I do? In that case, your browser, firewall, VPN, or adblocker prevents you from moving forward. First, please make sure you use the latest version of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox. If that doesn’t work, please disable any adblockers, firewalls, and VPNs. They can be installed as browser extensions or desktop apps. Ad blockers can also be a part of your antivirus software – make sure the program has a web shield disabled. As an extra step, you can switch to the Incognito window and try to connect through another non-corporate network.
- I tried to log in but received a “Restricted access. Please contact the organizer.” error message. How can I get in? The event you are trying to access is restricted by an attendee list. The error occurred because the email you have typed in is not included in the list. Please make sure that you a) are using the same email address you have registered with for the event; b) you are typing in your email address correctly.
- Every time I am trying to get into the desktop version, I am getting kicked out of the event. Why? For security reasons, you can’t be logged in on two separate browsers or two different machines at the same time. Please make sure to close the event link on other browsers and/or computers.
- I am using Safari and have no audio when watching sessions. By default, Safari blocks the auto-play for audio content. In order to change the auto-play settings on Safari, please select Allow Auto-Play under Settings for this Website in your browser.
Still having technical issues joining? Email the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.